Re: htdig: Somewhere_deep_inside.. and local file system

Mon, 21 Sep 1998 23:43:38 -0400

>2) I tried to configure my server to support local filesystem by having
>local_urls: http://www.mydomain.com/=/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/
>
>and still , if i kill the httpd demon htdig can't index any file. I
>thought that
>it suppose to pick it directly from the file system.

Not quite. It *tries* to index from the file system. But if it can't find
the file it needs, it goes to HTTP. You might want to ensure that
local_default_doc is set to the default document for a directory. The
default is "index.html" which means it translates

http://www.mydomain.com/ -> /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/index.html

This may not be the correct behavior.