htdig: Somewhere_deep_inside.. and local file system

Ofer Dagan (
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 08:06:57 PDT

I tried to upgrade from version 3.0 to version 3.1.
(Linux 2.0 / Slackware )
I followed the installation procedure and clean all db files.
During htmerge I am getting the message:

htdig: Run complete
htdig: 1 server seen:
htdig: 137 documents
htmerge: Sorting...
htmerge: Merging...
htmerge: 1600:x
htmerge: Total word count: 1610
htmerge: 1600:x
htmerge: Total word count: 1610
Somewhere_deep_inside...: /usr/local/src/indexing/htdig/data/db.docdb:
unexpected file format

1) Why am i getting this "somewhere deep inside" message (the
    db-2.4.14 directory was also complied during instalation)

2) I tried to configure my server to support local filesystem by having

and still , if i kill the httpd demon htdig can't index any file. I
thought that
it suppose to pick it directly from the file system.

Get Your Private, Free Email at