Re: htdig: ht3.1.0b1 single quotes & 302 redirects

Mon, 21 Sep 1998 23:34:37 -0400

At 3:18 PM -0400 9/19/98, Gordon Hopper wrote:
>1) htdig doesn't understand single quotes in URL's. For example,

OK, I'll look into that. I saw a patch about "URL quoting" in the patch
archive, but it didn't have much documentation. While I think this is
non-standard HTML, I think it should be an easy fix.

>2) Redirects (302 or 304) followed by Not Found (404) return the ref as
>the original request, like this:

I think a clearer example might illustrate your point better. I'm still a
little unclear on what you think should be going on.

Take the example:

  http://foo.com has a link to http://foo.com/bar/ (302)-> http://bar.com/
(404)

Do you want this to produce:

Not found: http://bar.com/ Ref: http://foo.com/

This seems incorrect, since the redirect is the problem. Yes, the top link
should be fixed too, but as far as ht://Dig is concerned, it doesn't matter
*how* it gets there, just that it gets there.