htdig: +word -word and "word string"

J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:59:26 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

I was wondering hoe to implement +word (= use word) and -word (neglect
word) into htdig. As I see it, +word could be just AND-ing words and
-word could be AND NOT words.

There has to be a parser/wrapper to cope with +/-word and a Boolean
string could be formed and passed to the real htsearch.

"word string" should be converted to word AND word. It's not
as good as the real meaning of "..." but better than
nothing.

Anyone ideas on this subject?

Greetz,

--jesse