Re: htdig: htsearch and frames

Andrew Scherpbier (andrew@contigo.com)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:45:40 -0700

John Banbury wrote:

> Does anyone know how to direct the results of a search into another frame?
> For example;

> | | |
> | | |
> | search here | results displayed here |
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |

> regards
> John

Yes. Check out http://www.htdig.org/
The left frame always has a "Quick Search:" with a target of the right frame.
Search results are displayed in the right frame while the original search
stays in the left.

You could get more complicated than that, but it would most certainly involve
lotsa javascript. Since I dislike javascript, I am unwilling to do that on
the ht://Dig homepage. :-)

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrew@contigo.com>