Re: htdig: HTDig questions

Jacques Le Mouel (lemouel@sprintmail.com)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 18:53:55 -0400

lws wrote:

> Hi,
> I also have HPUX. I am running 10.20 and I wondered what
> versions of things you used when you built htdig. I have tried the
> last 2 versions(3.0.8b2 & 3.1.0b1) and they both blow up horribly.
> I am using gcc 2.7.2.3, libg++ 2.7.2, binutils 2.7 and sed 2.05. Do
> you mind telling me what versions you used? Also, what directories
> and paths did you use? Thanks for your time.
>
> Larry Sturtz
>
> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:52:20 -0400
> From: Jacques Le Mouel <lemouel@sprintmail.com>
> Subject: htdig: HTDig questions
>
> First, thanks and congratulation to all involved for such a great tool.
etc...

We run a HP-UX B.10.01 A 9000/847
I had nothing to begin with, so I had to get and install all the needed
packages from scratch:

from Adobe
        - acroread_hpux_301_tar.gz

from gnu
        - gcc-2_8_1_tar.gz
        - make-3_77_tar.gz

and
        - libstdc++-2_8_1_tar(1).gz
        - libg++-2_7_2_tar.gz
        - libstdc++-2_8_1_1_tar(1).gz

of course, only one of these 3 libs is needed, but as I was struggling
with a pb totally unrelated (wrong make) but that was complaining about
the library, I gradually downloaded more and more; I can't say exactly
which one exactly is the right one; I believe it is the libstdc++
2.8.1.1

from htdig
        - htdig-pdf_tar.gz
        - htdig-3_0_8b2_tar.gz

and I added the patches described by Sylvain for PDF and the patch for
htcommon/defaults.cc.old (I can't remember why).

Took me a while to do all this, but it worked pretty easily.

Hope this helps.

PS: indeed, it is a long install process; I have posted a porting
request on http://hpux.csc.liv.ac.uk/, hoping a good soul will create a
HP executable install package