htdig: Re:

Jacques Le Mouel (lemouel@sprintmail.com)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 18:38:44 -0400

Gerwin Beran wrote:

> If already set-up all the files, and ./configure, but when I want to do
> %make I get the following error:
>
> "Makefile", line 2: Need an operator
> Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>
> The line 2 in the makfile should be correct. I indicates the path to the
> Makefile.config
>
> include
> /usr/home/web52/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/hungaroinfo/htdig-3.1.0b1/Makefil
> e.config
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Gre
> Gerwin
> the body of the message.

This rings a bell! I sweated on this one 2 weeks ago. The Install web
page highlights that "you need a Make that support something blabla go
get gnu make".
I got Gnu Make. Then it bombed, with this kind of error (maybe the exact
same one, can't remember for sure).
After a while I found that my system was still using its default Make,
not GNU Make.
Had to fix that, and then it went... at least passed this point.

I had a bad problem with my tsort being dead for some reason I can't
understand. The executable is dead; sends out garbage. Luckily I could
find a working copy of it. It went beyond this too, and I think this was
the end of the story: compiled, linked, works!
Hope this helps.