Re: htdig: stability + speed benchmarks?

Tue, 15 Sep 1998 20:29:43 -0400 (EDT)

> Will this save me time? Disk space? How much? Anyone have numbers
> or a gut feeling?

Well it won't save disk space--the total size of your web server isn't
going to change whether you index through HTTP or local disks. It will
take much less time to run "htdig." Other people can probably tell you
better, but I'd say it's about 2-3 times faster.

Version 3.1.0b1 also uses a new database type, which provides faster
merging and faster searching.