Re: htdig: Re: Virtual memory exceeded in `new'

Michael Graff (explorer@flame.org)
14 Sep 1998 14:30:03 -0700

"Joe R. Jah" <jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us> writes:

> I solved the problem by prepending the htnotify command line in rundig
> with "unlimit;"

That works for me too (and I've been doing it that way for some time)
but the problem remains that there is a memory leak. "unlimit" on my
box gives htdig about 256M to play with, and it still runs out.

It is indexing for the first time without a problem, but the next dig
will cause the out of memory problem to appear.

--Michael