Re: htdig: ht3.1.0b1 and PDF

Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:40:23 -0400

> - convert the pdf to ps and use the Postscript module to
> parse it (looking at the way the modules work, I don't
> know if this is possible, I haven't look at it that much
> though)
> - convert the pdf to text and parse the text
> - improve the parsing capability by stealing code from
> the Postscript module

Number two is clearly the easiest. :-)
I'd look at the third route first, and if it seems too hard, then I'd back
up to the second approach.

In addition to the xpdf "pdftops" program, I'd also look at output from
ghostscript's "pdf2ps" program. I expect they would be similar, but both
have been mentioned as alternatives to acroread.