RE: htdig: Anyone Try Excite?

Pitman, Mark A. (mapitman@phelpsdodge.com)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 07:32:30 -0700

I tried Excite on HPUX and had nothing but problems. The biggest
problem being no tech support for the other problems that I had! I
realize that htdig isn't supported by a large company either, but at
least we have access to the source code and a nice mailing list support
group like this! Just my two cents worth.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee LaVoy [mailto:service@hronline.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 1998 9:50 PM
To: htdig@contigo.com
Subject: htdig: Anyone Try Excite?

Now that Excite has released a Linux version, has anyone tried it?
Drawbacks/benefits over htDig?

I've struggled to get htDig to do some things with the various patches
applied (local file access without duplicate documents) with little
success.

Any comments on Excite appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff Hill