Re: htdig: htdig 3.1.0b1 on Solaris 2.5 (not!)

J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:20:52 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, J. op den Brouw wrote:

> First of all, it finds Sun's cc as the compiler, but cc isn't installed.
> When running cc I get:
>
> /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed
>
> Anyway, configure thinks cc is a proggie and doesn't understand
> the -O options. I had to include a line in the build.unix file
> to force $CC into g++

Didn't work either. Had to set CC to gcc

> Next, when going through the configure process it halt on a
> select(2) not found and stops.
>
> By the way, it says that a lot of standard things are not found:

> checking for size_t... yes
> checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
> checking for opendir in -ldir... no
> checking for sys/select.h... yes
> checking for sys/time.h... yes
> checking for getcwd... no
> checking for getopt... no
> checking for memcmp... no
> checking for memcpy... no
> checking for memmove... no
> checking for raise... no
> checking for snprintf... no
> checking for strerror... no
> checking for strsep... no
> checking for vsnprintf... no
> checking for ftok... no
> checking for munmap... no
> checking for getuid... no
> checking for select... no
> checking for sysconf... no
> configure: error: No select(2) library function.
> Berkeley DBM Configuration complete

All these were gone when I set CC to gcc.

But what's this:

HTML.cc: In method `void HTML::do_tag(class Retriever &, class String &)':
HTML.cc:677: warning: initialization of non-const `String &' from rvalue
`String'

Is this problematic?

BTW:

It's working now...