Re: htdig: Announcing ht://Dig 3.1.0b1

Fri, 11 Sep 1998 00:57:01 -0400

>Using gcc 2.7.2.1-9, without -WALL
>Same compiler I was using with htdig-3.0.8b2.

I'm not sure what version that is--why the 2.7.2.1"-9"? Is it gcc-2.7.2.1
or something else? I'm quite surprised though--I compile with gcc-2.8.1 and
egcs-1.1 and both should have more warnings, if anything. If you could try
it with gcc-2.8.1, I'd appreciate it. But I'll try to figure out what could
be wrong.

>Yep, did "make install". Deleted all previous files in ../bin, /common
>/conf /db to ensure nothing old leftover.

Then I guess I'd look at the rundig script. What does the TMPDIR variable say?

>Hmm, but htDig seemed to have created those databases?

Yes, but htdig and htmerge are different programs, right? So htdig can
create a database somewhere and htmerge might not find it...