Re: htdig: Anyone Try Excite?

Richard Bingle (bingle@cs.purdue.edu)
Wed, 09 Sep 1998 08:45:01 -0500

>The one thing excite does offer that htdig doesn't, that I'd love to
>see in htdig, is the ability to index off of the local filesystem
>rather than through http.

This seems to be the hot topic this week. While indexing off of the
local filesystem does have its advantages, the use of http instead of
the local filesystem was one of the reasons I chose to use htdig.
Please don't remove http as a digging option in future releases!

Richard Bingle bingle@cs.purdue.edu
Dept. of Computer Sciences http://www.cs.purdue.edu/people/bingle
Purdue University (765) 494-0893
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1398