Re: htdig: indexing a site

Scot Needy (scot@finch.engrs.infi.net)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 07:34:38 -0400

We do the same using Netscape and or OpenMarket depending on the site
being indexed. We have a staging server which does all the indexing and
preprocessing of files.

 In both Netscape and OpenMarket we just tell the web server NOT to log any
hits
 from server $x. If you are indexing from the local machine I this will
still work.

Most httpds support this.....

Scot