Re: htdig: Announcing ht://Dig 3.1.0b1

Jeff Hill (jhill@hronline.com)
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:03:20 -0400

I was very happy to see your release of 3.1.0b1 as I was having great
difficulty trying to patch it properly. Unfortunately, I have basically
the same errors as before. When compiling, I get:

        HTML.cc: In method `void HTML::do_tag(class Retriever &, class String
&)':
        HTML.cc:677: warning: initialization of non-const `String &' from
rvalue `String'
        ../htlib/htString.h:63: warning: in passing argument 1 of
`String::operator =(String &)'

I went ahead and installed it anyway and tried to do a rundig. Got some
messages from htdig saying that it couldn't find my PDF parser. I didn't
worry to much about that, but then:

        /usr/bin/sort: @DATABASE_DIR@/sort0070600000: No such file or directory
        htmerge: Word sort failed

Seems htdig was going along okay, but the merge wouldn't run. Could this
be because I've got BerkeleyDB 1.85.4-4 running? I didn't want to
install the newer version as another program (mySQL) I'm running is
using 1.85.

I should note my previous unpatched install of htdig3.0.8b2 had no
problems, worked fine except no localfile indexing.
Running Debian Linux 2.0.29

Thanks for any assistance,

Jeff Hill

********* HR On-Line: The Network for Workplace Issues ********