Re: htdig: virtual hosts

Tom Poczman (tomp@tafe.sa.edu.au)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 18:41:59 +0930 (CST)

Make duplicates of the following files from the original files to create a
search database and conf files for each virtual server.

ie call them

......./bin/rundig_NEWSERVER
......./conf/htdig_NEWSERVER.conf
......./webroot/search_NEWSERVER.html (where the html search file is)

Make a db dir for the new server ie db_NEWSERVER, and modify all the above
files to suit the new configs. This is how you can have multiple db's for
specific areas in your webroot area, or for virtual servers. The only prob
I can see is that the ....../htdig/common/ dir is just that a common area,
where all your headers and footers will be the same for any virtual
server. The only way around this that I can see is to effectively install
another copy of htdig, in another area and have that common area dedicated
to the virtual server.

PS - you MUST make a db dir BEFORE you try and run the rundig command to
create the database, otherwise you will get an error - it doesnt create it
on the fly as it reads the htdig_NEWSERVER.conf file.

I have mutiple databases on one server, and have a reasonably generic
"common" area for the headers and footers.

Hope it helps

cheers
Tom