Re: htdig: subdirectory exclusion

Mon, 07 Sep 1998 12:56:57 -0400

>in my htdig.conf file, under the exclude_uls,
>i used the syntax tmp/*.* but that apparently isn't correct as when i
>search the site, documents that are in the tmp/ subdirectory show up.

Try just "tmp/" and it should exclude anything with that string in the URL.

Check out http://www.htdig.org/

>2. how do i maintain multiple databases for separate sites, each with
>their own "search.htm" file? i maintain 5 separate web site, and would
>like to have a search unique to each site.

The search.html file has a field for "config" which will let you specify a
different config file. So one can be "htdig" for your current "htdig.conf"
file, one can be "foo" for "foo.conf", etc.