Re: htdig: htdig-3.0.8b2: Suggested BUG in URL.cc for http:/ URLs

Fri, 04 Sep 1998 14:32:06 -0400

>If you change line 151 to:
> if (hasService && ((strncmp(ref, "http://", 7) == 0) ||

Which I believe is the correct code. At least that's what I have in my
development copy. Perhaps Andrew can suggest why it was previously "http:/"

>In the cases where *ref starts with "http" (which is most common), I think
>it's possible to prove that (with the current code) the condition on line
>171, i.e., *ref == '/', is never true and so the statement on line 177 is
>unreachable.

I'm not sure what you're saying. The condition shouldn't apply to something
starting with "http"--it's for relative URLs like:
use relative URLs in my documents.