Re: htdig: can't index more then 830 files in the same directory

Andrew Scherpbier (
Fri, 04 Sep 1998 10:35:32 -0700

Mike Dagan wrote:
> Hi,
> i am running htdig on a linux machine p200/32 Meg machine.
> It seems that htdig can not index more then 830 documents in one
> directory. I had one directory that had more then 8000 html pages.
> When i run htdig it just inexes the first 830 documents.
> I had to divid the files into many directories to make it work.
> Does anyone have any idea what is the problem?
> how can i index more then 830 doc in the same directory?
> Thanks,
> Mike

It probably has to do with the default document size limit that htdig uses.
Modify the max_doc_size attribute to something big enough so that the whole
index page will be read in.
By default this attribute is set to 100000 (~100KB) so your index is probably
larger than that.

Andrew Scherpbier <>
Contigo Software <>