Re: htdig: Problems with using htdig -a

Richard Bingle (bingle@cs.purdue.edu)
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:28:48 -0500

>However, when using "-a" I wasn't seeing an update of the database.
>Essentially htdig looks at the db.docs.work file and found it empty. So it
>updates the empty db by doing a full initial dig. :-(

Yep. I noticed this when I first started using htdig. While the "-a"
and "-i" options are documented, what happens when they are used
together is not. But it is very easy to figure out.

My script looks very similar to yours, but with a little error
checking. With large indexes you may need to careful that you have
enough room to make a copy of the entire database.

Richard Bingle bingle@cs.purdue.edu
Dept. of Computer Sciences http://www.cs.purdue.edu/people/bingle
Purdue University (765) 494-0893
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1398