htdig: File Name Too Long on the Mac

Robin Beech (
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:08:12 -0400

I have WebTen installed on a G3 macintosh running apache 1.2.6 I believe. I
downloaded the htdig installer but can not build an index for the site

because the index.cgi script can not create the file because this is too long for the mac file
system. Is there a way I can tell the htdig script what the conf file name is
for a site so I can call it something shorter? The problem will also occur for
any database files generated that include the site name.

Suggestions appreciated.

Robin Beech
Institute of Parasitology
McGill University