Re: htdig: htdig-3.1.0b1 doesn't compile on RedHat 4.2

mark@pathology.utmem.edu
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 20:07:50 -0500

Geoffrey.R.Hutchison@williams.edu said:
> I would definitely call RedHat. I have no idea why it is asking for
> "-lg" since there is clearly not an "-lg" anywhere in that statement.
> (Maybe I'm missing something...)

In view of the recent report of the same problem on SuSE 5.2 I
am not sure that this is distribution specific issue. Anyway
your suggestion of removing -ggdb from Makefile.config solved
the problem for me.

> You might also try editing the Makefile.config and removing the
> "-ggdb" from the compile options. I don't know why that would make a
> difference, but it's the only change on the compile line from 3.0.8b2
> to 3.1.0b1 that I remember.

That worked, thank you very much.

                        -------- Mark Malecha
                        -------- mark@pathology.utmem.edu