htdig: stability + speed benchmarks?

Jeff Breidenbach (
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:54:06 -0400

Hi all,

I am currently indexing local files through HTTP from a
local web server - kind of a indirect way to do things.
I understand the new release lets me index right from the
filesystem. Sounds more efficient, right?

Will this save me time? Disk space? How much? Anyone have numbers
or a gut feeling?

Also, can someone give me a feeling on how stable the current release
is? I only plan to upgrade once, and will happily wait six months if
that is what it takes before ht://dig is at a rock solid release.