htdig: Cookie support

Pitman, Mark A. (mapitman@phelpsdodge.com)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:30:38 -0700

Are there any plans for htdig to support cookies? My reason for asking
is that we use a web development platform called HAHTsite. It allows us
to do database driven webpages and CGI type stuff on UNIX and NT. The
problem is that once you hit a dynamically created page, it sets up a
session id in a cookie. It then requires that cookie for each
subsequent dynamically created page, otherwise you get an error. So
when htdig tries to crawl through the site, it dies after it hits the
first dynamically created page. If I knew C++ very well I would add
support, but I don't, so I can't. Well, I suppose I might be able to
figure it out eventually, but it would probably be very messy!

Mark