htdig: htdig 3.1.0b1 on Solaris 2.5 (not!)

J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:25:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure htdig 3.1.0b1 on a Sun at out school,
but it refuses in the db-2.4.14 part.

First of all, it finds Sun's cc as the compiler, but cc isn't installed.
When running cc I get:

/usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed

Anyway, configure thinks cc is a proggie and doesn't understand
the -O options. I had to include a line in the build.unix file
to force $CC into g++

Next, when going through the configure process it halt on a
select(2) not found and stops.

By the way, it says that a lot of standard things are not found:

checking for size_t... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for opendir in -ldir... no
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for getcwd... no
checking for getopt... no
checking for memcmp... no
checking for memcpy... no
checking for memmove... no
checking for raise... no
checking for snprintf... no
checking for strerror... no
checking for strsep... no
checking for vsnprintf... no
checking for ftok... no
checking for munmap... no
checking for getuid... no
checking for select... no
checking for sysconf... no
configure: error: No select(2) library function.
Berkeley DBM Configuration complete

Okay, what to do next?

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG