htdig: Virtual memory exceeded in `new'

Joe R. Jah (jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us)
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 11:34:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Geoff,

I have had this message ever since the first release of ht//Dig. my
solution have been to comment out the htnotify line in rundig. I
uncommented it today to find out if it would work in 3.1.0b1, but
unfortunately I got the same message.

I have 96 Megs of RAM and my total swap space is about 370 Megs:
$ pstat -s
Device name 1K-blocks Type
sd0b 49148 Interleaved
sd1a 61436 Sequential
sd2a 12284 Sequential
sd2b 255996 Sequential
0 (1K-blocks) allocated out of 378864 (1K-blocks) total, 0% in use

Is there anything I can do to make htnotify get enough VM?

TIA,

Joe

  _/_/ oe _/ _/. _/_/ ah jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us