mime types

GREGORY_GUERIN@HP-FtCollins-om5.om.hp.com
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:38:04 -0600

     Hi Andrew,

     I wrote a while back asking about the capabilities of ht://dig. I
     work at Hewlett Packard and we are trying to find quality, low cost
     solutions for our intranet search needs. The last time you wrote, you
     did tell me that .pdf (adobe arcobat) files were not supported but
     would be in the future. I have a few additional questions to pose as
     we consider ht://dig as the solution.

     1. Is there an approximate date of the next release when .pdf files
     will be supported?

     2. Is there a current list of mime types that are supported?

     3. If I was able to get funding, would you or someone else be able to
     add this capability? We might be able to provide a developer to help
     with the process.

     Thanks for taking the time to read through this email. I know you're
     very busy. Hope to hear from you soon.

     Greg Guerin
     Software Engineer
     Hewlett-Packard Company