htdig: Announcing ht://Dig 3.1.0b1

Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:21:10 -0400

I'd like to announce the release of ht://Dig 3.1.0b1. This release has been
made possible by many contributions and bug reports.

Release notes for htdig-3.1.0b1 8 Sep 1998
This version adds several major new features as well as some bug-fixes. It
is considered a beta release since it has only seen limited testing.

* Added patches made by Pasi Eronen to support local filesystem access
* Added a PDF parser contributed by Sylvain Wallez
* Added support for META description and robots tags
* Converted the database code to use the BerkeleyDB format, contibuted by Esa
   Ahola and Jesse op den Brouw.
* Added a prefix fuzzy algorithm, contributed by Esa and Jesse.
* Various other bugs were fixed. Thanks for all the patches that were sent to
   me, Andrew, and the mailing list!

For more detailed descriptions of changes and patches included, see the
ChangeLog for this version: http://www.htdig.org/ChangeLog

Please Note:
It is extremely important that you rebuild all your databases made with
previous versions. This version no longer uses the GDBM database format and
databases produced with it will be incompatible with other versions. Do not
blame me for anything if you didn't do this. You have been warned...