htdig: indexing a site

Adam Crews (doo@divaweb.com)
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 19:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Is there any way to index a site without actually having the htdig program
request all the documents via the web daemon?

I bill my clients by the amount of bandwidth that they use. I have one
site that is about 40mb or so.. The indexing of the site is causing a
large skew in the actual bandwidth that they use. The search engine is a
"free" benefit of their site. I would like to be able to have htdig simply
read the html pages from a starting directory and then go from there...
Is this possible, and I just missed it in the the docs?

-Adam