htdig: htsearch excludes directory, but only in the first search

Dieter H.W. Kastrau (kastrau@solingen-online.de)
Tue, 08 Sep 1998 17:04:33 +0200

Hi,

in order to exclude a subdirecty called "_screen" I am using
the following patch from this mailing list:

=============================CUT=HERE==========================================
*** htsearch/Display.cc.orig Fri Feb 7 03:25:17 1997
--- htsearch/Display.cc Tue Jul 1 15:27:27 1997
***************
*** 133,139 ****
      }
      else
      {
! if (excludeFrom && excludeFrom->FindFirst(url) < 0)
            return 0;
        else
            return 1;
--- 133,141 ----
      }
      else
      {
! if (excludeFrom &&
! excludeFrom->hasPattern() &&
! excludeFrom->FindFirst(url) >= 0)
            return 0;
        else
            return 1;

==============================CUT=HERE==========================================

It works fine when I first start htsearch with index.htm containing:
<input type=hidden name=exclude value="_screen/">

But then, after I got the results page from htsearch, if I
continue searching starting from this results page,
I again get results from this unwanted directory, although
my file header.html also contains.
<input type=hidden name=exclude value="_screen/">

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks in advance for any help.

        Dieter