htdig improvements

Stephen van Egmond (svanegmond@home.com)
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 15:31:03 -0400

Hi there,

I use HTDIG, I and I would like to make a suggestion, both to htdig and
the web pages about it. Don't worry, it's really easy:

Fully specify all the colours in your <body> tag. Attached is a screen
dump as I view your pages.

The problem is that in <body> you only specify the background colour.
The foreground, link, etc colours all come from the browser defaults
otherwise. I happen to "prefer" yellowish text on a deep wine-red
backgroun - I'm colour blind and this works for me. If you specify the
text= vlink= and link= attributes you'll get a better presentation on
all browsers. The same goes for the HTML files that are used to produce
htdig query results.

You can see the changes here:

http://bang.ml.org/if-archive/

(click on the search tool)