htdig: Search engine for web site

LReischjr@aol.com
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 19:29:48 EDT

I am new at developing a web site. I do have a web site. A book that I have
advises
persons with web sites to install a search engine for the web site. ht://Dig
is one of
the recommended search engines. My web site is only one page. Do I need a
search
engine for a one page site? I thought that having my site listed with various
search
engines would be sufficient. Please explain if I need a search engine. How
could that
help. Any information on this subject would be appreciated. Thank you in
advance.
Lawrence W. Reisch
lreischjr@aol.com