htdig: can't index more then 830 files in the same directory

Mike Dagan (
Fri, 04 Sep 1998 08:52:14 PDT

i am running htdig on a linux machine p200/32 Meg machine.
It seems that htdig can not index more then 830 documents in one
directory. I had one directory that had more then 8000 html pages.
When i run htdig it just inexes the first 830 documents.

I had to divid the files into many directories to make it work.

Does anyone have any idea what is the problem?
how can i index more then 830 doc in the same directory?

Get Your Private, Free Email at