Re: htdig: Local File Access

Jeff Hill (
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 19:53:21 -0400

It appears I've managed to get Local File Access to work (I inserted
local_urls directive in htdig.conf and received no error messages when
using rundig), but another problem has cropped up: files are indexed
more than once (about 12,000 files on system, but 45,000 indexed).

Looking through the patches, I found one ( that is
supposed to fix this. I setup a clean source of htdig3.0.8b2, added all
of the patches below, and compiled as usual, but received an error: In method `void HTML::do_tag(class Retriever &, class String
&)': warning: initialization of non-const `String &' from rvalue
../htlib/htString.h:60: warning: in passing argument 1 of
`String::operator =(String &)'
c++ -c -g -O -DDEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE=\"/usr/local/conf/htdig.conf\"
-I../htlib -I../htcommon -I../include -I../gdbm-1.7.3 -I../rx-1.5/rx

Perhaps, however, it is a problem with the group of patches I've applied
to htdig3.0.8b2:

As I'm getting completely lost in all the patches, anyone have any

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Hlll