Re: htdig: Information to use Htdig without CGI

Andrew Scherpbier (
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:51:43 -0700

Plate Forme Jeunes Diplomes wrote:
> Hello,
> I write you beacuse I would like to know if I can replace htsearch
> by an another soft in Java because I can't use CGI on my site?
> Thanks for you help,
> Fred

I don't think that would be doable. You don't want to download the whole
search index into an applet, so there would have to be a server side component
(CGI) that interacts with an applet.

Andrew Scherpbier <>
Contigo Software <>