htdig

Kandice Jones (kandyj@insolwwb.net)
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:21:05 -0500

Andrew, a friend of mine installed my htdig on my isp's cgi server. It
indexes the site http://www.shihtzu.org.

They advised me that the data files are taking up way too much room (63mb
at last count) on their server, and the friend that helped me is 400 miles
away right now, and his email is down, so can't help me. He set it up so
the site is indexed every night at midnight.

My isp advised me:

"The problem is not the CGI your running its the data file that stores the
search info.
This file increases in size every time someone adds an entry.
if you could keep the search entries cleaned up . I.E. only keep that info
for say
5 days At a time, it should help keep the size down."

I can log into the accounts with WS FTP, and if I know which files to
"clean up" I can keep the search engine on my site.

Thanks if you can help me.

Kandice Jones, kandyj@insolwwb.net
http://www.animalarts.com Gallery of Animal Art
            <>!<> (\\ http://insolwwb.net/~kandyj/
          /(@_'_@)\ (/// http://www.shihtzu.org/ ASTC website
-----o00o- ({{0}})o00o-----"What is done to children,
           {{{|}}} they will do to society." --Karl Menninger