ht:/Dig -- url translation

Gordon Hopper (gordon@byu.edu)
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 12:36:45 -0600

Just downloaded htdig 3.0.8b2.

Thanks, I finally found something that does what I wanted.

While indexing our site (with -v), I noticed that it was getting pages
like:
http://www2.et.byu.edu/~jongoff/Humor/////////////////////////////////////////GovHumor/Outrun.html

With many many slashes. The web server (apache 1.3) collapses this to a
valid url and returns a page, but for some reason the slashes keep
getting longer.

It could be nice if //// and /././ and similar were collapsed to the
same page in the database, and also with htdig during index runs.

Also, a suggestion about /cgi-bin/htsearch:
CONFIG should be set to htdig unless it is already set. Either that, or
leave it out of the returned form and use htdig as a default.

Thanks again,

Gordon