Re: htdig: htdig and apache+ssl

J. op den Brouw (
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:50:05 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> > If you allow http access but the site is intended for only https access,
> > won't the stored URLs contain http references? Is there a way to safely
> > change them to https refs after the indexing occurs?
> You're right, though I didn't write exactly what I meant. :-)
> It's pretty easy to write a small patch that forces ht://Dig to recognize
> an https URL and try the same URL under http. Then the URL is stored as
> but the indexing can occur through http access (if
> possible).

Better, Andrew wrote a contrib script that print out the databases.
Maybe someone can modify these to convert http in https. Does only
work for GDBM not for Berkeley DB.

Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Sector Techniek Netherlands
Afdeling Elektrotechniek +31 70 4458936