Re: htdig: ht://Dig on alpha-unknown-linux

J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 15:25:53 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Andrew Scherpbier wrote:

> Joshua Senick wrote:
> >
> > The company I work for is currently migrating their webserver from an
> > i586 to an alpha processor. Everything has worked fine once we got the
> > computer set up (even PHP). Unfortunately, ht://Dig seems to be
> > slightly broken. I've gone through all the configuration files, and
> > have even checked the rundig program, but I cannot figure out what would
> > keep the htdig program from seeing any of the documents on the
> > webserver. The htdig program on the i586 is still working fine and can
> > index the pages correctly. Does anybody have any insights as to what
> > might be causing this problem?
> >
> > Josh Senick
>
> I don't know if you are, but you absolutely cannot share databases between
> machines of different architectures. GDBM stores data in a machine dependent
> fashion.

True. Alpha and Sun (HP-UX?) store their data high byte high and
x86 high byte low. Same problem with berkeley databases.

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Sector Techniek Netherlands
Afdeling Elektrotechniek +31 70 4458936