Re: htdig: search for a phrase?

J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 00:24:32 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Simon Fleischmann-Shostak wrote:

> And as a sort of follow up to that -- how does one set ht://Dig to search
> multiple restricted areas, rather than just one? I'm designing a form
> interface to allow a selectable menu of Web site areas to search, but it
> only appears to work when set as a single-selection field.
>
> Like so (example):
>
> Search Section:<BR>
> <SELECT NAME="restrict" SIZE="1">
> <OPTION VALUE="">All of the Web site
> <OPTION VALUE="one">First Part
> <OPTION VALUE="two">Second Part
> <OPTION VALUE="three">Third Part
> </SELECT>
>
> When I try it as a <SELECT ... MULTIPLE> ht://Dig finds nothing -- htsearch
> places a "%01" between the multiple selections.
>
> Thanks,

I had that same problem some time ago. The solution is, as I close remember,
to have an entry in the option list with two "values" concatinated with
a pipe sign (|). So you'll need something like

OPTION VALUE="one|two" .......

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Sector Techniek Netherlands