Re: htdig: Building of htdig, license of htdig

Tue, 25 Aug 1998 12:44:57 -0400 (EDT)

> C++ compiler installed. I get an error during compilation. Is htdig source
> dependend on GNU C compiler, since the documentation only mentions this?
> Otherwise I might have a local problem.

I don't think ht://Dig has been tested much with the Sun cc. If you have
the libg++ package installed (from GNU) then you should have everything
immediately necessary for compiling. Well, maybe--remember I said I don't
think it's been tested much.

> involved. So am I free to use htdig for this purpose or are there any
> restrictions whatsoever for this intended use.

If you read the file COPYING, you'll see that ht://Dig is released under
GPL. So restrictions are as you might expect from this--they center more
around the code itself than from use of ht://Dig.