Re: htdig: More on PDF parsing

Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:10:35 -0400 (EDT)

> Geoff : maybe it can be included in htdig 3.1 ?

I have also been on vacation for the last few days. I have assumed that
patches sent to the htdig mailing list are sent with proper copyleft
provisions. If you have sent a patch and *DO NOT* want it included in 3.1,
please let me know ASAP!

> (2) acroread vs xpdf, ghostscript, etc :
> Michael : your idea about adding a config attribute to allow any pdf to
> ps converter should be checked against that.

Right now I have the PDF patch largely as-is. I'm actually going to insert
a small check for acroread itself before it tries to parse a PDF file. I
don't have it installed and I get an error message for each PDF file.

I'd like to test the other PDF translators. While I have ghostscript
(pdf2ps), I don't have xpdf. Will someone volunteer to try using xpdf?

> (3) acroread "cannot repair file" and "expected a dict object" errors :
Added to FAQ. The FAQ will be updated sometime soon. :-)

Thanks for your help Sylvain!