Re: htdig: Linux and FreeBSD compatibility...

J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:47:15 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Maren S. Leizaola wrote:

> Hi,
> Can someone let me know if there are any problems in digging the
> files up in Linux and then moving them to a FreeBSD box for searching or
> vice-versa. i.e are database formats HtDig in Linux and HtDig in FreeBSD
> compatible?
>
> Maren.

it should not be a problem if both run on a x86 machine. GDBM compiles
achitecture dependant. But it's always good to re-index

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Sector Techniek Netherlands
Afdeling Elektrotechniek +31 70 4458936