Re: htdig: ht://Dig on alpha-unknown-linux

Andrew Scherpbier (andrew@contigo.com)
Fri, 07 Aug 1998 14:21:08 -0700

Joshua Senick wrote:

> The company I work for is currently migrating their webserver from an
> i586 to an alpha processor. Everything has worked fine once we got the
> computer set up (even PHP). Unfortunately, ht://Dig seems to be
> slightly broken. I've gone through all the configuration files, and
> have even checked the rundig program, but I cannot figure out what would
> keep the htdig program from seeing any of the documents on the
> webserver. The htdig program on the i586 is still working fine and can
> index the pages correctly. Does anybody have any insights as to what
> might be causing this problem?
>
> Josh Senick

I don't know if you are, but you absolutely cannot share databases between
machines of different architectures. GDBM stores data in a machine dependent
fashion.

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrew@contigo.com>