Re: htdig: htdig and %01

Maren S. Leizaola (leizaola@unitedmta.com)
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 16:40:09 +0800 (CST)

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Albert Desimone jr wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Simon Fleischmann-Shostak wrote:
>
> > At 11:19 AM -0600 8/5/98, Timothy P. Peterman wrote:
> > >Does ht://Dig have the capability to search for a phrase? I have
> >
> > And as a sort of follow up to that -- how does one set ht://Dig to search
> > multiple restricted areas, rather than just one? I'm designing a form
> > interface to allow a selectable menu of Web site areas to search, but it
> > only appears to work when set as a single-selection field.
> >
> > Like so (example):
> >
> > Search Section:<BR>
> > <SELECT NAME="restrict" SIZE="1">
> > <OPTION VALUE="">All of the Web site
> > <OPTION VALUE="one">First Part
> > <OPTION VALUE="two">Second Part
> > <OPTION VALUE="three">Third Part
> > </SELECT>

For restricting you should try :
 <SELECT NAME="restrict" SIZE="1">
  <OPTION VALUE="">All of the Web site
  <OPTION VALUE="http://www.mysite.com/one">First Part
  <OPTION VALUE="http://www.mysite.com/two">Second Part
  <OPTION VALUE="http://www.mysite.com/three">Third Part
 </SELECT>

It works like a champ... I actually combine both methods, I use
restriction and also split things into different databases and rather than
use the database references I use different configs for each database
allows for a lot more flexibility.

Cheers,
Maren.