Re: htdig: excluding anything inside the body tags

Thu, 06 Aug 1998 04:52:43 -0400 (EDT)

> With setting the title_factor to 10 and the text_factor
> as well as all heading_factors to 0 we still get things that
> are between the body tags such as links to other pages

Well the purpose of text_factor is:
  This is a factor which will be used to multiply the
  weight of words that are not in any special part of a
  document. Setting a factor to 0 will cause normal words
  to be ignored.

So if you can be more specific as to the "things that are between the body
tags," I can see what the problem is.

An alternative solution is to use META description tags and the patch I
produced. No body text will appear in the output.