Re: htdig: search for a phrase?

Simon Fleischmann-Shostak (sfleisch@sedl.org)
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 13:40:56 -0600

At 11:19 AM -0600 8/5/98, Timothy P. Peterman wrote:
>Does ht://Dig have the capability to search for a phrase? I have

And as a sort of follow up to that -- how does one set ht://Dig to search
multiple restricted areas, rather than just one? I'm designing a form
interface to allow a selectable menu of Web site areas to search, but it
only appears to work when set as a single-selection field.

Like so (example):

Search Section:<BR>
<SELECT NAME="restrict" SIZE="1">
 <OPTION VALUE="">All of the Web site
 <OPTION VALUE="one">First Part
 <OPTION VALUE="two">Second Part
 <OPTION VALUE="three">Third Part
</SELECT>

When I try it as a <SELECT ... MULTIPLE> ht://Dig finds nothing -- htsearch
places a "%01" between the multiple selections.

Thanks,
-simon