htdig: compiling

Chad Cunningham (ccunning@socrates.math.ohio-state.edu)
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 14:13:14 -0400 (EDT)

I sent a message a while back, and still haven't got things going
yet. I had gcc installed on our machine, but when compiling, it still
uses cc. I also put on a libg++ package. The package didn't install
to /opt/gnu. I tried to compile again, and it still spewed errors. So
I thought, libg++ must not be on the path. So I edited the root cshrc
file to put all that stuff on the path. So I guess I have two
problems.

First, I don't know much about solaris, so did I do the right thing
with the path? I didn't know where else to put it, or even if it
needed to be in there. How can I tell if the install program found the
libg++ stuff?

Secondly, what else could be wrong here? I get a bunch of wierd
errors, and only htmerge, htnotify, and rundig make it into the HTDig
bin directory.

Thanks,
Chad Cunningham