htdig: Re: htdig and apache+ssl

Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:00:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Marc Bourget wrote:

> For a short moment during indexation, I've got a potential breach of security.

True. You could require http requests from your digging machine. The only
ways of escaping this are HTTPS access (not likely to happen soon) or
using ht://Dig on the https server and the local file patches by Pasi
(which are included in the next release--I'll check to ensure they allow
https:// URLS as well).

> Do you intend to write such a patch shortly.

That depends on your definition of "shortly." For the next few weeks I
will be on vacation. When I return, I intend on fixing as many bugs as
possible in the next release and get that out the door (hopefully the
first week of Sep.). I don't think I'll have time to write the patch
before then.